Change of medium again! I decided to take a stab at embellishing a plain wooden pencil case. This time, I have been reading the descriptions of the various gels and mediums and gessos I invested in so that I kind of know what they do. Yesterday was a day for crap experimental work, and it paid off today:

I painted the surface with the black gesso. Once dried, I mixed purple acrylic with interference violet oxide. I also used a fan brush to add interference green in spots. Finally, the words are all dollar store-brand transfer letters — I am experimenting with ideas for Christmas presents this year . . .

Pencil Case, jazzed up

Advertisements